Vellore Village - A Woodbridge Community
Vellore Village - Introduction
This area north of Toronto in Vaughan encompasses many new homes built in the past 10 - 15 years. There are six neighbourhoods that make up the Vellore Village Community. The first neighbourhood is named the same as the entire community.
The neighbourhoods are:
* Vellore Village (West side of Weston North of Rutherford)
* Vellore Woods (Between Weston & North of Rutherford)
* Vaughan Mills (East side of Hwy 400 North of Rutherford)
* Vellore Park (Between Weston & Hwy 400 North of Major Mackenzie)
* Tierra / America (East Side of Hwy 400 North of Major Mackenzie)
* Vaughan Valley (North of Major Mackenzie, West of Weston Road)
Vellore Village - Early Years
Vellore Village, located in the heart of Vaughan has been part of the regions history since the 1800’s. In the early days, Vellore Village was a township and farming community with only 4 homes. Eventually the town grew with the introduction of a public school, town hall in 1845, stores and a post office in 1864; that’s when the name Vellore was chosen. The government of the time wanted a Post Office in the area. The name Vellore was eventually chosen based on a victorious battle by the Duke of Wellington which took place in a town by the same name.
Vellore Village Home Styles
See homes For Sale - Click Here
This fairly new community north of Rutherford is home to many beautiful and still affordable homes with wonderful two storey architecture, majestic stone facings and landscaping that gives this area a real sense of luxury for growing families.
Walk down the tree lined streets of Vellore Woods and you’ll see uniquely designed houses on the east side of Weston road with large sun-drenched balconies and French dual-door entrances.
The west side of Weston road is where you'll find the neighbourhood of Vellore Village. This area offers more detached homes with a small mix of semi-detached homes and townhouses tucked away in small pocket.
You might miss these Townhomes and Semi's if you were driving in the area without a real estate agent. These townhomes and Semi detached houses are near the Vellore Village Community center as well as several large parks with Tennis, Basketball and an outdoor Skate Boarding Rink. More homes are currently being built on the north west side of Weston close to Major MacKenzie Drive.
Neighbourhoods in Vellore Village
- Vellore Woods Neighbourhood is located north of Rutherford and south of Major Mackenzie drive between Weston Road and Hwy 400. It contains a large wooded area with walking trails and is home to Comdel Park as well as Vellore Hall Park. Other parks in the area include Starling Park where a bike trail begins and runs through the neighbourhood ending eventually at Vellore Woods park featuring two ponds and a walking trail. For those who enjoy sports, there are tennis courts, basketball and soccer fields in the area, primarily within Hawstone Park and two Elementry schools within walking distance. See Map of community. See Property Values
- The Vaughan Mills Neighbourhood is tucked in between Vaughan Mills Mall to the South and Canadas Wonderland to the north on the east side of Hwy 400. This cluster of 600 -700 homes is a pocket of Townhouses, Links and Semi Detached houses in various styles and sizes. Several Semi-detached homes have over 2000 Sq ft, walk out balconies and fantastic park views on parts of DeepSprings Crescent and other homes backing onto Komura Parkette with a tennis court, gazebo and basketball courts. The other nearby park for kids is called Julliard Park, located directly next to Julliard Public School which hosts a French Immersion program for select elementry students. All residents of this neighbourhood can walk to McDonalds for lunch, stop at Nino D’aversas for an expresso then do a little shopping at Canadian Tire or Vaughan Mills Mall across the street. Highland farms and a Chinese supermarket are nearby to pick up ingredients for dinner or eat at the The Keg Steakhouse located in the same plaza and all within a 5-10 min walk. See Map of community See Property Value
- Vellore Village Neighbourhood is located north of Rutherford on the left side of Weston Road; just north of the Plaza with Metro Supermarket, Banks, Tim Hortons, Mcdonalds and other convenient shopping. This community is a cluster of Semi-Detached homes, Townhouses and some detached houses. See Map of Community East side or West Side See Property Values
- Vellore Park is the second newest neighbourhood in the area located north of Major Mackenzie to Teston Road. Many homes are less than 5 years old, while those built earlier are generally sprawling 5000+ sqft mansions in exclusvie enclaves. This area continues to be developed with several home builders completing projects for investors. The area is expected to grow further with several commercial projects planned for the area as well as offices such as the PowerStream glass tower. See Map of Community See Property Values
- Tierra / America Road neighbourhoods are part of Vellore Village according to the new districting from the Toronto Real Estate Board in 2011, however this particular part of the Vellore village community is considered Maple by Canada Post. The two main streets leading into the neighbourhood are Tierra America while Amiddayya is it's own separate neighbourhood closest to Teston Road and home to a beautiful Mosque. See Map of Community
- Vaughan Valley is the newest neighbourhood in Woodbridge / Vellore Village. As of 2012 many homes have already been built yet the entire area remains under development with roads yet to be assumed by the City of Vaughan. The developers in this area have gone to great efforts to preserve the High End feeling of this neighbourhood which once had only Multi Million Dollar GreenBrooke Estate Mansions. See Map of Community
CLICK FOR LARGER MAP
If you have any questions about Property Values in Vellore Village or surrounding Vaughan communitites, then call today with all your questions.
Miguel Burgos - Your Real Estate Agent - For More Info
Call (647) 700 -0401 or Email